Engineer, Sociologist - Honorary member
Michel Callon, Professor of sociology at the Ecole des Mines de Paris, Director of the Centre for the Sociology of Innovation from 1982 to 1994, and Chairman of the 4S (Society for Social Studies of Science) from 1998-1999, is one of the «founders» – with Bruno Latour and John Law – of what is known as the Actor-Network Theory or the sociology of translation.
His work covers a wide spectrum of issues relative to interrelations between science, technology and society :
– anthropology of science and technology,
– socio-economics of innovation,
– science, technology and democracy,
– scientometrics and quantitative methods,
– anthropology of markets,
– sociology of medicine and health.
* According summaries present in the bibliographic database